Sunday, June 26, 2005

Jesus from A to Z

This morning I discovered the lyrics to a chorus I wrote back in February of 1988. I thought I had misplaced that piece of paper for good and so I was excited to unexpectedly find it. You’ll note that each name or attribute follows the letters of the alphabet from A to Z.

The chorus is filled with names of our Lord Jesus. Here it is:

Anointed One, Beloved Son, Christ…th’Eternal Gift of God,
Deliverer, El-Shaddai, Faithful to the very end.
Glorious in all your splendor, Holy, Holy is Your name,
Infinite, Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Messiah, Nazarene, Omnipotent, the Prince of Peace,
Quick’ning One, Redeemer, Saviour, True and Living Word,
Unique, Victorious & Wonderful, Excellent in all Your ways,
Yahweh, Zion’s Hope, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
We worship You the Lord of Hosts!

Names & Attributes:

Anointed One
Beloved Son
Christ
Deliverer
El-Shaddai
Faithful
Glorious
Holy
Infinite
Jesus
King of kings
Lord of lords
Messiah
Nazarene
Omnipotent
Prince of Peace
Quick’ning One
Redeemer
Savior
True & Living Word
Unique
Victorious
Wonderful
eXcellent
Yahweh
Zion’s Hope

Father
Son
Holy Ghost
Lord of Hosts

Maybe sometime, when I get brave, I’ll sing the song and you can hear it on an “audio post”. Until then, I pray that the words, at least, will be meaningful and precious to you!


Note: In response to this article my blogging friend Susan wrote the following: "When I find it hard to pray...one thing that helps me to focus is to think upon/dwell on the attributes of God...or his different names or titles. It quiets my mind...and help me to better focus. From there it's easy to offer praise and thankgiving to my great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

I find doing this very effective as well. - David

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't know you already had a melody in mind for your chorus ~ you need to share this soon ~ perhaps in your home church ~ would like to see all of the scripture-based songwriting going on there compiled into an 'Auburn Worship' CD ~ wanna join the project? It's already off to a start.
    P.S. How do you disguise your links under text (ex: The Elim Lodge link in your blog entry Sun. June 26).

    ReplyDelete